What I learned from self…
1) You can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
2) It’s easier to react than to think.
3) Control your emotions and your attitude or it controls you.
4) It takes years to build trust and only seconds to destroy it.
5) That it has taken me a long time to become the person I want to be.
What I have learned from others…
1) Always leave loved ones with loving words, it may be the last time you see them.
2) That it is not what happens that is important, it’s what you do about it.
3) It is not about what you have in life but who you have in your life that counts.
4) Our circumstances and backgrounds may influence who we are but we are responsible for who we become.
What I have been shown…
1) You can keep going long after you think you can’t.
2) There are people who love you dearly but just don’t know how to show it.
3) That it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
4) No matter how far away I’ve been, the Creator loves me…
– Thomas D. Payne